Tracey lost 59 lbs!






What motivated you to lose weight?

My size 16 clothes were getting too tight and I didn’t want to get too big to shop at traditional stores. I had gained so much weight after high school that people didn’t recognize me. I was embarrassed when I ran into old friends who hadn't seen me since I gained weight so I stayed at home most of the time. The extra weight was keeping me from enjoying my life.

What was your weight-loss method?

Simply not eating for a period a few days a week can give you the tools to create the healthy body you have always wanted.

What were some obstacles you encountered while losing weight?

The biggest obstacles for me were holidays, parties and social gatherings where food was the main focus. It was also difficult to find time to incorporate regular exercise into my schedule. I found that by pre-planning my meals and exercise I was able to overcome these challenges.

What tips do you have for others who are trying to lose weight?

  •  Don’t try to take on too much at once. 
  •  Focus on one day at a time and don’t quit. 
  •  If you eat badly on one meal don’t give yourself an excuse to eat badly the rest of the day.
  •  Log it, and move on! 
  •  Set mini-goals like losing 5 lbs.; once that is accomplished focus on losing the next 5 lbs. 
  •  Most importantly don’t think of this as a diet...it’s a lifestyle!

How do you feel now that you've lost weight?

I feel great! I have a lot more energy and I’m a much happier person. I feel like I can take on anything!